New App supporting Construction Worker’s Mental Health Launched
In a collaboration between the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity, construction software firm ‘COINS’ and ‘Building Mental Health’, a new ‘Construction Industry Helpline’ app has been launched with the attempt to address construction work-related illness.
The app will provide information, advice and guidance on many of the wellbeing issues such as stress, depression and anxiety. Bill Hill, CEO of the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity said the following:
The app complements our existing 24/7 Construction Industry Helpline and is aimed at construction workers and their families. We recognise that not everyone feels comfortable talking about their feelings or personal situation, so the ‘Construction Industry Helpline’ app is aimed at people who would like to find out more information about how they can perhaps help themselves or if necessary, take the next step in seeking professional help. It is a preventative tool and provides support at the initial stages of a situation so that the problem does not reach a life critical stage.
You can find out more about the app here, as well as find out more about the Construction Industry Helpline and what they do on their website.
- IOSH supports campaign to help prevent and manage work-related MSDs 25th October 2021
- Changes to Occupational Work Supervision NVQ Structure and CSCS Cards 25th October 2021
- Industry Placement card launching ahead of the new academic year 25th October 2021
- Lantra & NPORS New Partnership 9th September 2021
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Management for Construction (UK) qualification now accepted for Academically Qualified Person (AQP) card 6th August 2021